03 Oct Operation Reduce
The short story is that we’ve reduced overpopulation, euthanasia, intake, cruelty, and cost. To be more specific, in fiscal year 2016, Beaufort County Animal Services :
- Welcomed 3,276 animals through our doors – more than 9 animals per day
- Celebrated a Live Release rate of 79%
- Spayed and neutered over 4,000 animals in 2016 in conjunction with the Hilton Head Humane
- Provided free spay/neuter to 78 pets and 130 pets were assisted through the efforts of the ASPCA “Keep Pets in Their Homes” Grant.
Our goals moving forward are as follows:
- Expand our services offering low cost spay/neuters, and microchips
- Increase awareness of our Animal Service Officers and their willing to help
- Develop and implement aggressive TNR strategies
- Expand the revenue sources to fund current and future operations
- Fund the new, state-of-the-art campus for Beaufort County.
Check out the blog later this week to see the specifics of these numbers.Make A Donation Today